Prosthodontic Solutions at Cody Dental Group
At Cody Dental Group, we are Denver’s premier choice for prosthodontic services. Delivering comprehensive dental solutions to you and your family is our primary objective. We offer all of your family’s dental care services under one roof. So when your prosthetic restoration requires dentures, dental implant placement or temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) treatment, our team has the expertise to consult and assist no matter the scope of your needs. We staff professional prosthodontists for those situations when more complex dental cases arise, so you can rest easy knowing you’ll receive the care and support necessary to obtain a happy, healthy smile. Please keep reading to learn more about our prosthodontists or give us a call now to schedule an appointment.
What Is a Prosthodontist?
You may be wondering, “what’s the difference between a prosthodontist and a regular dentist?” Well, let’s break it down a bit. The word prosthodontist comes from the latin term “prostho,” meaning replacement, and “dontist,” which means dealing with teeth. Whenever anything needs to be replaced within the mouth, a prosthodontist is the expert for you. While there are dental professionals out there who deal with replacement and restoration, we suggest pairing with a board-certified prosthodontist to be safe. A professional prosthodontist is a dentist who has completed dental school along with three additional years of advanced training in an ADA-accredited prosthodontic graduate program.
What Types of Dental Care Do Prosthodontists Handle?
A prosthodontist is highly specialized in treating and handling dental and facial conditions involving restoration or replacement. They are also educated in the prosthetic placement of maxillofacial structures in the neck and jaw, which requires ample expertise and training. Furthermore, prosthodontists are widely considered the designated influencers of dental treatment plans. They are in charge of leading specialists and general dentists to develop and deliver the best solutions for our patients’ unique dental needs. We are proud to employ a group of highly-trained prosthodontists to assist with the following at our Denver, CO practice:
- Dental veneers – A prosthodontist can place a dental veneer over an existing tooth to improve your smile’s overall appearance. Dental veneers are also used by prosthodontists to close gaps or spaces between teeth.
- Dental implants – Since dental implants are used to replace one or more compromised or missing teeth, this procedure falls under prosthodontics’ specialty. Our professional prosthodontists specialize in these types of dental procedures due to their advanced education and training.
- Dental crowns – Prosthodontists are specialized in permanent dental prosthesis. Dental crowns are intended for patients who come to us with heavily worn, fractured, or decayed teeth that need a health and aesthetic makeover.
- Dental bridges – Due to its classification as a fixed dental prosthesis, dental bridges are handled by our prosthodontics team to restore or replace one or more adjacent missing teeth. This technique improves the quality of your smile without having to spend money on multiple implants.
- Dentures – If you’re looking to invest in dentures, a prosthodontist is the dental professional for the job. Dentures are made and fitted by prosthodontists, as they will handle everything from taking accurate measurements of your mouth to making custom impressions of your jaw. Our prosthodontists have many years of experience creating perfectly fitting dentures.
- Temporomandibular disorders (TMJ/TMD) – Prosthodontists are specially trained to diagnose and treat TMJ disorders. If you’re dealing with pain or discomfort surrounding your TMJ/TMD disorder, our professional prosthodontic team is here to help.
- Cleft palates and cleft lip – If you were born with a cleft palate and/or lip, a prosthodontist is one of the specialists you can rely on for early intervention and naso-alveolar molding (reshaping of the gums, lips, and nostrils). Our professionals can also assist with replacing any teeth that could not form properly due to the cleft.
- Sleep apnea – Though sleep apnea is relatively common, it can also be dangerous. Our prosthodontists can help diagnose and treat sleep apnea through non-surgical, custom-fitting oral device therapy.
Contact Cody Dental Group Today!
At Cody Dental Group, we are focused on providing a safe, comfortable environment led by Denver, Colorado’s most respected team of family dentists. Contact us today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to creating a smile you’ll be proud to show off.