Learn More About Invisalign® Clear Aligners
The idea of getting braces as an adult puts many people off from receiving orthodontic care. If you’ve foregone braces because of their clunky metal appearance, there’s still a way you can get the straight teeth you’ve always wanted! With Invisalign® clear aligners, you can get all the benefits of traditional braces without the metal. At Cody Dental Group, we’re proud to recommend this option for adults and teenagers who are nervous about typical orthodontic treatment. Explore all the benefits you can get with Invisalign®.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a series of clear aligners that work to push your teeth into a new, straighter position. They function similar to normal braces, but their clear coloring means no one will know you’re wearing them!
How the Treatment Works
Invisalign® works in a very similar way to traditional braces. You’ll be fitted with a custom set of aligners which you’ll wear over the course of a few months. As time passes, the aligners will push the teeth into the desired position. Eventually, your set of aligners will no longer fit—that means they’re doing their job—and you’ll need to visit us again for a new set. Most patients see the best results after a year to 18 months of treatment. However, it’s essential to keep in mind that everyone’s progress is different.
Comparing Invisalign® with Braces
We encourage patients to compare all their restorative options. Invisalign® is a very attractive solution, but it pays to explore all the different orthodontic treatments that could benefit you. Here are a few points to remember when comparing Invisalign® and braces:
- Scope: The scope of your condition is crucial when considering treatment options. Invisalign® can treat many of the same things braces can, but they aren’t always practical for more complex conditions.
- Appearance: The metallic look of braces makes many patients, especially adults, second guess whether they want orthodontic treatment. Invisalign® is an excellent solution that will put your aesthetic worries to rest.
- Comfort: Most patients report that Invisalign® is more comfortable than regular braces. While some discomfort is normal at first, it usually subsides with time.
- Removability: Invisalign® can be removed whenever it’s time to eat or brush your teeth. Braces, on the other hand, can’t be taken off without the help of an orthodontist.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign® Braces?
To know whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign®, we encourage you to make an appointment with one of our dentists. We’d be glad to listen to your circumstances and recommend the best solution. Typically, a good candidate for this treatment is dealing with at least one of the following issues:
- Gapped teeth
- Crowded teeth
Take Advantage of These Benefits
It’s difficult to overstate the outstanding benefits of Invisalign®. Over the years, we’ve worked with numerous patients who have opted for clear aligners, and many of them have reaped the following benefits:
- Ability to eat nearly any food
- Easy to maintain your normal dental hygiene regimen
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Avoid future problems associated with crowded teeth, overbite, etc.
Why Denver, CO Chooses Us
Cody Dental Group is trusted throughout the Denver Metro Area for top-quality dental care. In addition to providing orthodontic treatment to patients of all ages, we also offer a range of other services at a convenient location near University Park. Come see us for your regular check-up, TMJ pain treatment, and pediatric care for your kids! Over a dozen dentists are associated with our practice, and any one of them might be the ideal fit for your family. Regardless of your oral health concern, we encourage you to give us a call.
Give Us a Call to Learn More
Compassionate care and reliable dental advice are paramount at Cody Dental Group. We aim to make our office as comfortable as possible, whether you’re coming in for an Invisalign® consultation or just some routine x-rays. Contact us today to learn more about clear aligners or another service.