Are Dentures Right for Me? Cody Dental Group’s Guide
Everyone deserves a beautiful smile. Too often, people tink they can no longer take pride in their smile after they’ve lost teeth to damage, decay, or trauma. That couldn’t be further from the truth! At Cody Dental Group, we’re dedicated to giving patients their smiles back. With a custom-fit set of dentures, you’ll be able to eat, chew, and speak as usual. Our team will consult with you, determine if dentures are a good fit, and teach you everything you need to know about their maintenance. Learn more about dentures and consider whether they’re suitable for your needs.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are devices that serve as an artificial set of teeth. They’re often meant to replace missing or damaged teeth. Today, dentures can be customized to each individual patient and designed to match your natural teeth as closely as possible. While dental implants and other prosthetic solutions are becoming more widely available, dentures are still an excellent restorative option.
Who Can Benefit From Dentures?
Nearly anyone who has multiple missing teeth can benefit from dentures. When you visit our Denver, CO office, one of our providers will evaluate your circumstances and decide if dentures are a good choice for you. In some cases, patients might benefit more from partial dentures or dental implants. Whether you end up with dentures or not, our team is committed to restoring your smile.
Types of Dentures
Not everyone needs a full mouth of new teeth. As such, there are several types of dentures meant to meet specific needs. After we consult with you, we’ll determine which of the following denture types will be best:
- Complete: Complete dentures replace all the teeth in the mouth and require the extraction of any remaining natural teeth. Depending on your circumstances, you might receive conventional or immediate dentures. Immediate dentures can be placed right away, while conventional dentures can only be inserted once the extraction sites have completely healed.
- Partial: When a patient has some healthy natural teeth, we recommend partial dentures. Partials are removable and attach to the gums with an artificial base. Essentially, partial dentures are removable bridges.
Why So Many People Choose Dentures
We often think of dentures as a bulky, inconvenient solution to missing teeth. However, dentures actually have a world of benefits for those who use them. Cody Dental Group patients who receive custom-fitted dentures enjoy the following advantages:
- The ability to eat nearly all of your favorite foods
- An easier time talking and being understood
- A restorative solution that lasts up to 10 years
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
How to Best Maintain Your Dentures
When properly maintained, a set of dentures can last you a decade. But you’ll want to make sure you’re following the maintenance instructions outlined by your dentist. Follow these guidelines to ensure your dentures stand the test of time:
- Rinse daily with lukewarm water
- Clean regularly with a denture cleaner and soft toothbrush
- Soak dentures in warm water when you’re not wearing them
- Avoid putting dentures anywhere they might fall or be otherwise damaged
We Offer an Array of Other Services
At Cody Dental Group, we offer a variety of services beyond denture placement. We see patients of all ages, offering pediatric care, emergency response, routine check-ups, and orthodontics. No matter the oral health problem you’re experiencing, our providers are ready to help. With over a dozen dentists associated with our practice, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your family!
Contact Our Team Today
If you’re considering dentures, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We work with countless patients in the Denver area, and we’d be glad to consult with you. Everyone deserves a healthy, beautiful smile—allow us to provide you with the care you need!