Don’t Put Off Regular Check-Ups!
It’s no secret that caring for your dental health is a big deal. We all know that it’s crucial to keep a good at-home hygiene regimen, but lots of us put off regular dental check-ups. The team at Cody Dental Group encourages Denver, CO residents to always make dental care a priority. Even if you haven’t noticed any problems, scheduling a preventative visit is always in your best interest. During these check-ups, we can screen for common oral health problems such as gingivitis, cavities, and even oral cancer. Don’t wait—schedule your appointment today!
What to Expect During Your Check-Up
Routine check-ups follow the same steps every time you visit unless you have a specific concern to address with your dentist. During a typical dental check-up at Cody Dental Group, you can expect these steps:
- Plaque removal
- Gritty toothpaste application
- Fluoride application
- Tips for your home hygiene regimen
How Often Do I Need a Dental Check-Up?
We recommend scheduling a routine visit at least once a year. However, some patients may benefit from more frequent check-ups if they’re affected by certain oral health conditions. Periodontitis and a family history of oral cancer might mean extra visits.
Why Is Preventative Dentistry Important?
They say prevention is the best medicine, and they’re right! Scheduling preventative visits every year is the best way to avoid costly, painful problems in the future. Here are some of the reasons to take your dental check-ups seriously:
- Good Hygiene: Yearly dental visits ensure that your oral hygiene is in top shape! A member of our team will make sure you know all the best practices for keeping your teeth squeaky clean.
- Address Problems Early: During your check-up, we’ll screen for common dental problems. When these issues are caught in their early stages, you may be able to avoid expensive, invasive treatments.
- Improved Overall Health: Everything in the body is connected. Poor oral health can actually lead to health issues elsewhere in the body. Ensuring that your dental health is under control is a great way to slightly reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Save Money: Scheduling yearly dental check-ups and catching conditions in their early stages mean you may not have to spend as much money on costly dental treatments.
Check-Ups for All Ages
Cody Dental Group provides preventative dentistry for patients of all ages. Everyone, young and old, should set some time aside to see their local dentist! Our team of pediatric dentists is great with children as young as one-year-old. In fact, most dental professionals recommend scheduling a dental check-up around a child’s first birthday or after the appearance of their first tooth.
What Sets Cody Dental Group Apart
The team at Cody Dental Group is known for compassionate care and a commitment to a comfortable environment for patients of all ages. Our dentists specialize in a range of areas, so you won’t need to go anywhere else for dental care. Our numerous providers offer periodontic services, pediatric dentistry, TMJ treatment, and much more. Regardless of your oral health problem, our friendly, award-winning team is here for you!
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Whether you’re looking for a new dentist in Denver or you haven’t had a check-up in a few years, we’re glad that you’re considering Cody Dental Group. We welcome patients of all ages and backgrounds, regardless of their current oral health. The important thing is that you’re taking steps toward a healthy smile! Contact us today to learn more about our check-ups and other services.